This blog has moved to a new location! http://iqandreas.github.com/

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Blogger Error bX-jn3okz when trying to reset your user name or password [English]

Even though I haven't posted here for a while, I still freaked out when I tried to login to my blog, but was unable to.

I had long gone forgotten my password as well as forgotten which email address I had used to sign up with Blogger, so I took the simplest method, and restored my password using my blog's name.

However, each time I tried typing in the name of my blog and hitting the "LOOKUP" button, I was met with the same error message:


We're sorry, but we were unable to complete your request.

When reporting this error to Blogger Support or on the Blogger Help Group, please:

  • Describe what you were doing when you got this error.
  • Provide the following error code and additional information.
bX-jn3okz

Additional information

host: www.blogger.com
uri: /forgot.do

This information will help us to track down your specific problem and fix it! We apologize for the inconvenience.

Find help

See if anyone else is having the same problem: Search the Blogger Help Group for bX-jn3okz
If you don't get any results for that search, you can start a new topic. Please make sure to mention bX-jn3okz in your message.


Clicking the link just led to 52 unresolved results of pepople having the same problem as me, with no support or help from the Blogger staff. No matter where I looked, I could not find any contact link or email address to Blogger.

I was frustrated! Why should I have to change my user name, just to mislead my 3 already faithful followers, and perhaps countless potential Google hits?

So I did what any other person would do; typed in my blog name and hit "LOOKUP" a hundred times, hoping that maybe the next click will work. Then I tried it in another browser. I even messaged a friend asking him to see if he was met with the same error message.

Finally, I scanned through every email account, trying to see if I had any old emails from Blogger that might contain my username and password. Finally, when loggin into my Yahoo, I had received 40 emails from "Blogger Support" named "Blogger Account Information".

To my joy and happiness, even though I thought the error message meant that I was unable to log in or reset my password, Blogger had still sent my email address out. Then it was as simple as clicking the link in the email to reset my password.


Moral of the story: write down your passwords, or use something simple like your pet's name instead of some random jumble of letters, numbers, and characters like I do. ;)

Additional moral of the story: Ignore the bX-jn3okz error if you are trying to reset your blog password. It will work anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment